22 Jan 6 HACKS TO KEEP YOUR CAR COOL IN SUMMER
Everyone wants to try and keep their car cool in summer! There’s nothing worse than getting into a hot car that’s been exposed to the summer heat and dealing with steering wheels too hot to touch and seats that burn when you sit down!
Here are our 6 simple hacks to keep your car cool in summer and protected from the extreme temperatures this summer:
1. Invest in a dashboard sunshade: this will reflect the heat away from your car and protect your dashboard from constant sun exposure.
2. Cover your steering wheel with a hand towel or a steering wheel cover: no need to wait to be able to touch the hot steering wheel if it is covered from the get-go!
3. Park in shady areas: avoid direct sun by parking in shady areas or in undercover carparks.
4. Throw blankets over seats: avoid kids and passengers burning their legs and arms on hot seats and seat belts by covering them with towels if the car is left in direct sun. If you forget to cover initially, you can always lay these down once returning to the car to protect skin from direct contact on hot seats.
5. Window tinting: for constant protection all year round, tinting windows darker can help minimise sun light penetrating through the vehicle.
6. Keep windows slightly open: this creates an escape route for hot air so it doesn’t become trapped and can lower the inside temperature!